JOIN THE PEOPLE POWERING KODIAK
Field Service Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Work with Supervisor and other Technicians to communicate, troubleshoot and ensure, safe, efficient and economical day-to-day operations. Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment per schedule
- Ensure guaranty of 98% mechanical availability
- Participate in HSE meetings and implement in the day-to-day operations
- Collect and record data
- Install and assist with the movement of equipment
- Communicate with management
- Respect and maintain property including vehicles, tools and equipment
- Ensure all equipment is in clean and presentable condition
- Perform any additional, miscellaneous tasks as delegated
- Communication and customer service skills
- OEM, trade school, or comparable work experience in a related field/industry
- Day-to-day completion of job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Strong mechanical intuition or ability
- Comprehension of OEM and miscellaneous technical manuals and literature
- Operation of commercial vehicles and cranes
- Valid driver license with a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) within the acceptable parameters of company policy
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical issues
- Certified Caterpillar training
- Ariel Compressor training
- Minimum of 2 years in natural gas compression or related experience
- Non-exempt position
- Overtime, extended or non-traditional working hours may be required
- Intermittent lifting of > 50lbs from the ground
- Must be able to stand or walk on uneven terrain, climb personnel stairs and ladders, stoop, squat and/or crawl depending on the directed task
- Exposure to extreme temperatures, weather conditions and environments on a location-by-location basis
- High noise environment (>85 dbA) will occur with ear protection
- Potential controlled, exposure to hazardous chemicals
Safety first is Kodiak’s emphasis regardless of the site conditions
Job Type: Full Time
Work with Supervisor and other Emission Technicians to ensure safe, efficient and economical day-to-day operations. Comply with all company policies and procedures. Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Emission Reports– Must be complete, legible, and detailed according to Kodiak Policies and Procedures. Must be submitted to Emissions Admin in a timely manner.
- Service Reports – Complete service report once an O2 sensor, part has been changed, and/or Quarterly Emissions Test has been completed.
- Expense Reports – Must be complete, legible and detailed. Must be submitted in a timely manner per guidelines set by Kodiak.
- Assure all assigned units are emission tested each quarter or inspected to determine the need for further maintenance requirements to achieve a passing test.
- Assure all required data collection is correct and completely filled out.
- Responsible for ensuring emission controls are installed and operating correctly
- Perform/schedule an ICT (Initial Compliance Test) on unit start up
- Pre-test prior to state mandated test
- Be on location for every state test performed
- Once per quarter each unit is tested for 15 minutes or as dictated otherwise
- Tune engines within permit limits
- Changes 02 sensors on rich burn engines
- Replace, clean and service catalyst on engines with 400HP or less. Get assistance as needed for larger engines.
- Relay to Operations when engine has mechanical problems resulting in a no-pass test with recommendations
- Follow-up tests when out of compliance
- One day per week spent on preparing/submitting reports
- Once per month servicing truck
- Weekly Communication with supervisor on any compliance issues, an update of weekly schedule
- Maintaining Testo Analyzer and calibration gases
- Maintain communications with operations and customers
- Assurance of proper permit limits for equipment based on location, area, state and federal guidelines
- Communicate and interact with the Operations Department.
- Communicate and interact with Kodiak Support Services (Human Resources, Accounting, Payroll, etc.) as needed.
- Communicate and interact with Operational Support.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Attend all company safety and training programs as required.
- Attend required tailgate safety meetings.
- Assist in review and upgrade of company safety policies and procedures.
- Understand and follow all Kodiak and customer safety policies and procedures.
- Report all safety hazards and incidents to Supervisor or Manager.
- Organizational abilities
- Positive attitude
- High level of energy and ambition
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling, bending, squatting, twisting for long periods of time
- Climb ladders up to 25 feet
- Ability to use common hand tools related to job needs
- Walk on uneven terrain
- Work in hot/cold temperature extremes for long periods of time
Job Type: Full Time
This position will be responsible for providing area field safety auditing, customer safety interface and support of safety training delivery, regulatory compliance and incident investigation across operating areas.
- Observe and mentor company operations personnel in safe work planning and practice
- Conduct field safety audits for all company operating areas to ensure regulatory compliance and continuous improvement of overall safety performance
- Assess company compliance with customer safety requirements and create remedial plans to address deficiencies
- Attend customer safety functions and act as company safety representative on a multi-area basis
- Support and implement safety training to area operations personnel in accordance with 29 CFR 1910
- Assist with investigation of incidents and creation of corrective actions as needed
- Participate in company safety and environmental policy and procedure development as required
- Maintain record of safety audits and distribute to Safety Manager for consolidation and reporting
- Provide safety training to company employees including, but not limited to: Defensive Driving, First Aid/CPR and PEC.
- High school diploma required, some post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in a hands-on oilfield service operations or operations support role required
- Minimum of two years of experience with safety facilitation and leadership in association with the job
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA regulations and how they relate to company operations
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations as they pertain to company operations
- Ability to formulate safety benchmark calculations such as TRIR & DART
- Ability to understand and implement workplace safety requirements as mandated by customers
- Ability to commit to 60% travel time across all company operating areas
- Ability to act as leader and/or mentor to operations personnel
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) including the ability to discuss safety and environmental issues with people from diverse backgrounds, and diverse settings
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to use programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and power point for presentations and development of programs
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions
- Must be available and able to work at all times of the day or night
- Must be able to use your better judgement in regards to your safety and that of your co workers
- Must be able to bend, climb, and walk on all types of surfaces
- PEC Core Compliance certification or equivalent for SafeLand/SafeGulf USA
- OSHA 501 Certification for General Industry Safety Standards
- Smith Driving “Train the Trainer” Certification
- CSHO Certification (Certified Safety & Health Officer)